Webinar: AAFCPAs' 2018 Revenue Recognition for Nonprofits
AAFCPAs’ Matt Hutt, CPA, CGMA, Courtney McFarland, CPA, MSA and Emily Donnelly, CPA provide nonprofit finance executives with an understanding of how the new standards could impact revenue recognition and company policies, and what they should be doing now to prepare for adoption.
This webinar was presented and recorded live, May 23rd, 2018 in AAFCPAs’ recording studio in our Westborough MA Headquarters.
THIS NONPROFIT REVENUE RECOGNITION WEBINAR COVERs:
- An overview of the key provisions and impact areas of these standards on common types of revenues specific to nonprofits, including: tuition, membership dues, licenses, and health care revenues.
- Guidance on how to identify if your contract or grant falls under this new revenue recognition standard, or if it should be treated as a contribution under Topic 958-605.
- Effective dates and transition guidance.
- Practical considerations and challenges to IT systems and processes.
- Lessons learned from early adopters.
- Guidance on where you should be in the process for a successful 2019 implementation, and action you should take now.
AAFCPAs’ Revenue Recognition Task Force
AAFCPAs’ Revenue Recognition Task Force includes senior level professionals who have been devoted to understanding and interpreting these ASUs since the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) announced the project. In this live, interactive educational webinar, we will provide guidance on the implementation of these complex new standards, including recommendations related to interpretation and situational judgments.
Technical Accounting Advisory
Understanding and implementing accounting standards can be complex, time-consuming, and often require requisite skills and expertise not found on your internal finance team. AAFCPAs provides financial management assistance on these complex technical accounting issues, allowing clients to confidently apply the standard with greater efficiency and ease. Learn more about how AAFCPAs can help you implement the Revenue Recognition Standard.